Monday, 3 February 2014

hard disks and devices

Just a kind of discovery I made today, not directly Raspberry Pi concerned, but still, could come in handy some day:

I have a hard disk which I formatted in three partitions: 1 in HFS+ for file sharing between Mac and RPi and two other MSDOS FAT ones for music and video's.

The partitions were in this order: 1. HFS+ 2. MSDOS FAT and 3. MSDOS FAT

Disk Utility on Mac OSX for partitioning hard disks
Of course, on the Mac and Pi these were all accessible, but on our Samsung "Smart" TV :) I could not see a thing. 

Finally I figured out that if I put the two MSDOS partitions in the beginning (see print screen) and the HFS+ as last partition that the hard disk can now be read by our Samsung TV. 

Huray! 


No comments:

Post a Comment